Frequently Asked Questions

You have a question? Someone else might have had the exact same one. Let's find out!

General

First Applicant is an association of Consultants and Company HRs. When you take an assessment on First Applicant your score is shared with this network. They look for pre-assessed profiles with us and call you directly for the suitable job openings.

According to a market research done in 2015, only 20% of the jobs are published on job portals. The other 80% openings are filled before you could even know about them, by internal references and through the resume database that companies/consultants have. First Applicant is one of such early sources where they look for profiles even before publishing the jobs.

No, you shall register online and upload your resume. When you take an assessment, your score attracts the Companies and Consultants to shorlist and contact you directly. Registration at the website also enables you to participate in special hiring events organised time to time. Resumes sent through email are not entertained.

First Applicant keeps on organising fast track hiring events from time to time - these are online job fairs. It is when huge number of companies participate to close the multiple openings that they have. Events are useful for speedy job offers. Most of the times candidates end up getting offer letters from multiple companies (maximum 7) in one single event itself.

Any Company/Consultant registered with us can see your regular assessment score and can contact you. However, in the case of hiring events you can specify your choice of companies (maximum 7) during the counseling on the opening of the final interview day.



Registration

Yes, but an individual should be registered only once; and the concerned person himself/herself shall appear in all types of online/offline assessments and interviews.

Yes. Until 2 days prior to an assessment. Log into your account. Click on My Profile. Change the required details and submit.

One common registration on First Applicant enables you to participate in all kind of events. You can enroll in the event of your choice by selecting it from the list of events available on your account page.



Online Assessments

Yes, First two rounds are common to all. Final interviews are separate for each company.

Log into your account 5 minutes in advance of the scheduled time of your batch. Click on the tab “OAT”. You will find the button to “Start OAT”. It will show deactivated until the exact time of OAT batch.

The total duration will be 30 mins. It will have 60 multiple choice questions in total, primarily based on aptitude with few questions based on your industry. Each question would score 1 mark for the correct answer and there will NOT be any negative marking against incorrect answers.

OAT end time is fixed for everyone. You would not get extra time to finish it. Please make sure to start the online assessment exactly at your batch’s specified time.

Open up the same browser (if you were using chrome, please open chrome again) and login to your a/c. Start the OAT.
Your previous answers will be recovered.

Try again as soon as your internet connection is re-established. Participants will get extra 15 minutes window to submit answers.

It might work. But it is recommended to use a laptop or computer.



Interviews

Recruitment teams from each company will directly take the final rounds of interview.

Any Company/Consultant registered with us can see your regular assessment score and can contact you. However, in the case of hiring events you can specify your choice of companies (maximum 7) during the counseling on the opening of the final interview day.